Blog Counter

Northern Nevada Conservative: This Scares Me

Monday, May 15, 2006

This Scares Me

I was collecting signatures for the Angle property tax initiative, and a gentlemen was asking me some questions about it. Then he said to me, "I don't think the union supports this." He was probably right. What scares me is what he said next. He said "Well, I can't sign it then." I asked why and he said "The union sends me a newsletter that tells me how to vote, and I just take that to the voting booth with me."
Wow. How many Americans just go to the polls and vote exactly how the unions tell them, with no regard to how it may affect their lives and their rights?
That is not the only experience I had while collecting signatures that disturbed me. I was talking to two little old ladies about the Angle initiative. They were very supportive of it and also signed TASC. They were pretty much as conservative as they come. Then they asked me if I voted for President Bush. I responded, "Yes. Both times." That started it a fire. I got an earfull from those two ladies about what a terrible president he has been. On many accounts, I would agree. Where we had a disconnect, was both ladies would have preferred the democrat candidates, having no understanding that they disagreed with those candidates on nearly every issue.
The democrat party and the main stream media have scared the general public about "evil Republicans" so badly, many people vote against them purely out of fear. Many people in the general public just vote for the democrat with no understanding of their far left policies. I hope that in the next six months before the election we can work to correct this. So if you are taking the time to read this, please spread the word. If it is not about this blog, tell your friends about another conservative blog. There are some good ones linked on this site, and they are easy to find through almost any search engine. If we do not work quickly, we may be in for a rough two years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home